Today #1 to #20
I’ve dug out my favourite quotes about creative intelligence and will be feeding them here on the blog over the next few weeks.
Twenty per post, ten from my writings (mostly tweets) and ten by others, on topics like intention, imagination & inspiration; the creative process, excuses and resistance, creative success and the attitude of mind that best cultivates creative flow.
- “Finally I’ve learned from my mistakes. From now on, I’m only making new ones.” – Orna Ross. (creative response)
- The creative…”can only find his way by moonlight..his punishment is he sees dawn before the rest of the world”. – Oscar Wilde (solitude)
- “Creative success comes when your desire to achieve exceeds your fear of foolishness or failure.” – Orna Ross (fear)
- “The road to success is always under construction.” -Lily Tomlin (change)
- “Creative intention makes you strong, wishful thinking makes you weak.” – Orna Ross (intention)
- “The truth will set you free. But first it will piss you off.” – Gloria Steinem (resistance)
- “Dance to the music that’s playing not to the noise in your head.” – Orna Ross (awareness)
- “It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” Attributed to George Eliot. (excuses)
- “Imagination is not the icing on life but the oven in which it is baked.” – Orna Ross (process)
- “A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a quip and worried to death by a frown.” Charles Brower (criticism)
- “If you can’t change your mind, you can’t change anything.” – Orna Ross (process)
- “Nothing happens unless first a dream” – Carl Sandburg (imagination).
- “Forget what you’re against. What are you for?” – Orna Ross (intention)
- ”I am not contained between my hat and my boots. – Walt Whitman (creative spirit)
- “To make more of what you want, be less insistent about what you need.” – Orna Ross (resistance)
- ”Find out who you are then do it on purpose.” – Dolly Parton (authenticity)
- “You can have anything you want, so long as you realise you can’t have everything you want. – Orna Ross (intention)
- “We stand in our own shadow then wonder why it’s dark.” – Zen (resistance)
- “Creative confidence is a muscle. Flex it!” – Orna Ross (practice)
- “I would love to live/like a river flows/carried by the surprise/of its own unfolding.” – John O’Donoghue (creative way)
BUY Orna Ross BOOKS HERE