This week’s highlights: Joanna and I explain How to Take Your Nonfiction Books to the Next Level; Howard Lovy interviews Sandy Day, about her long road to self-publishing success…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2020 Week 11.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In the latest #AskALLi Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast, Joanna Penn and I focus on advanced nonfiction considerations for authors. We both believe that almost all writers, including poets and novelists, benefit from including non-fiction in their publishing mix.
- The Self-Publishing Advice Conference is a week away! Here are the schedule, speaker information and everything you need to know to attend over the three-day free period or beyond.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Sandy Day, who took everybody’s advice and tried to go the traditional publishing route with her novels. But she discovered the hard way that it just doesn’t pay to listen to conventional wisdom.
- In my opinion post this month, I draw on two new reports about conditions for authors exploring myths and misunderstandings about authorship that are relics from an age that’s now over. I also explain how self-publishing changes everything for everyone in publishing.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; Coronavirus continues to disrupt conference season; ALLi’s Self-publishing Advice Conference; research into reading needs you; and MacMillan, Hachette & a troubled week for big publishers.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.