In this week’s highlights: Sacha and I talk about how content marketing is a necessary skill all authors must develop; Howard Lovy interviews Holly Lyne, who discovered that indie publishing isn’t just about writing books…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 12.
Worried about what COVID-19 might mean for you? In this article, I discuss coronavirus and indie authors and how ALLi hopes to help self-publishers stay connected and productive in these unprecendented times
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In, 5 Reasons Why Publishers Fail (and How to Avoid Them) ALLi Watchdog John Doppler shares his advice on what to do when you see hints of problems with publishers.
- In this week’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Fiction & Nonfiction Podcast, ALLi director Orna Ross (stepping in for Adam Croft) and blog and conference manager Sacha Black talk about how content marketing is a necessary skill all authors must develop regardless of whether they’re writing fiction or nonfiction books.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Holly Lyne, who discovered that indie publishing isn’t just about writing books.
- On Saturday we ran the Self-Publishing Advice Conference Spring 2020 — 24 sessions over 24 hours on the theme of boosting your author income. Sacha Black asks: have you registered and tuned in yet? If not, now is the time. The self-publishing advice conference is free for another 24 hours.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; ending sales tax on ebooks; the importance of libraries; Amazon’s Coronavirus response; and what does being at home mean for you?
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.