In this week’s highlights: Sacha Black and Adam Croft discuss discuss launching your book; Howard Lovy interviews Jules Horne, a Scottish author who understands that the best way to read a book may not be only through the eyes only….and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 15.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this week’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Fiction & Non-Fiction Podcast, Sacha Black and Adam Croft discuss the conflicting and often confusing subject of launching your book and giving it the greatest chance of success.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Jules Horne, a Scottish author who understands that the best way to read a book may not be only through the eyes. With the rise in audiobooks and podcasts, we’re returning back to the age of oral storytelling, and Jules is probing the borders between reading and listening, between the eyes and the ears.
- Quitting your day job to write full-time is a huge achievement. But what happens when you walk away from a salary? How do you survive your first year? Alliance of Independent Authors blog manager, Sacha Black is approaching her one year anniversary and is here to share both the lessons she learned in her first year of full-time writing as well as the lessons some of our members learned. Learn how to survive your first year as a full-time author.
- This week on the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions to Deb Cole, video marketing coach and former national TV presenter in the US about the topic of home video equipment.
- In, Alliance of Independent Authors response to the Coronavirus Crisis for Authors, I outline the consequences of the coronavirus crisis for authors and the response from ALLi, the Alliance of Independent Authors and other author organizations and agencies.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; concerns over Internet Archive’s actions; the scale of the problem; printing books and digital books?
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.