In this week’s highlights: Friends don’t let friends use vanity presses; Howard Lovy interviews Clare Flynn, a novelist who recently won a Selfies Award for best adult fiction…..and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 16.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In, Friends Don’t Let Friends Use Vanity Presses, ALLi Watchdog John Doppler examines some of the worst offenders in that shadowy corner of the publishing industry.
- Join Robin Cutler, Orna Ross, Joanna Penn, and Sacha Black in this Self-Publishing Advice Conference Highlight: The Power of Indie Publishing.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Clare Flynn, a novelist who recently won a Selfies Award for best adult fiction. Even before Clare became a full-time indie writer, she always had a spirit of rebellion inside her, from her wild college days to deciding to be her own boss in her career and her writing. Clare also travels extensively to get all the nuance of place before she embarks on a new writing adventure.
- Rather than cancelling or postponing physical events due to coronavirus, many indie authors look at taking their events online. The Alliance of Independent Authors Ultimate Guide to Hosting a Successful Online Author Event explains the pros and cons and how to ensure your event is a success.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions to Nate Hoffelder, founder of the Digital Reader and website expert about the six most common website errors.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; online events and offline events; ebooks; printing books and bookstores and amazon.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.