Alliance of Independent Authors Blog Roundup 2020 Week 17
In this week’s highlights: Productive Self-Publishing During COVID-19; Howard Lovy asks the other AskALLi podcasters, and a few previous guests, to talk to us about how they’re coping during the COVID-19 crisis…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 17.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this week’s, AskALLi Advanced Self-Publishing Podcast: Productive Self-Publishing During COVID-19, Orna Ross and Joanna Penn discuss how indie authors can stay physically and mentally well, and keep writing, publishing, and sensitively marketing books—as well as how to prepare for potentially challenging times ahead.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy doing something a little different as he asks the other AskALLi podcasters, and a few previous guests, to talk to us about how they’re coping during the COVID-19 crisis, how they are staying connected with other writers and with their readers, and to contribute some inspirational words on how to continue to write under this kind of stress.
- It’s unfortunate that in every industry there are people who will gladly take advantage of you. That’s why the Alliance of Independent Authors is proud to run a watchdog desk that runs a number of services including highlighting trusted service providers through their vetting service and monthly watchdog posts on the not so trustworthy. Today, we have a round-up of everything you need to know to avoid being ripped off as an indie author.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions to Amanda Brown, the Homepreneur, an expert in home working, questions about working from home.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; audiobooks telling different stories; “Books Are Essential”; re-opening bookstores; Book Expo cancelled and Aesthetica Creative Writing Award.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.