In this week’s highlights: What if a Hybrid Publisher Wants to Charge me a Ton of Money?; Howard Lovy interviews Cody Sisco about how he lives and breathes the indie publishing spirit…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 18.
Remember, ALLi publishes a summary of the questions and answers from its weekly #IndieAuthorChat Twitter chat on the ALLi blog. This will be published on the Tuesday after the chat. And a reminder that ALLi has created a resource that seeks to answer any questions you may have about Covid-19, from concerns about the impact on events to ideas and news about how the services we rely on are responding. And as we look at online events in the news, do read this fabulous ALLi post on how to host online events as an author.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this week’s, AskALLi Members Q&A and Self-Publishing News Salon, Michael LaRonn and Sacha Black (filling in for Orna Ross) answer member questions, followed by Dan Holloway’s news roundup.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Cody Sisco. Cody has divided his indie publishing work into two parts. His series of books that straddles the divide between plausible and extraordinary, and his work on behalf of other indie authors in his hometown of Los Angeles. Taken together, Cody lives and breathes the indie publishing spirit.
- Writing and publishing any book can be a complex process. But what happens when you want to include illustrations and you’re not an artist? Today we share The Ultimate Guide to Illustrations in Books.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions to Jane Steen, an author who has faced a series of major challenges over the last five years about resilience.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; Barnes and Noble royalty wobbles; changes at Patreon; bookshop and Amazon: booksellers’ concerns; and industry in change.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.