Alliance of Independent Authors Blog Roundup 2020 Week 3
This week’s highlights: Joanna Penn and I discuss the Self-Publishing Trends for 2020 and the Next Decade; Howard Lovy interviews Brad Borkan, who wrote a book about failure…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2020 Week 3.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this month’s #AskALLi Advanced Self-Publishing Salon, Joanna Penn and I discuss our predictions about what indie authors can expect, the trends to watch out for in the year to come—and across the 2020s.
- The topic of ghostwriting elicits strong negative reactions in some people. ALLi Watchdog, John Doppler presents his findings on the ethics of ghostwriting.
- Writing goals are always talked about especially at this time of year. But more important than the goal is the system and writing habit you put in place in order to continue achieving those goals session after session, book after book. ALLi Author Claire Fishback uses the YouCan TouCan method. Today, she shares how it can help you build a daily writing habit too.
- ALLi author member Alice Briggs is here to show you how to defeat the beast and set yourself up for success in 2020.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Brad Borkan, who wrote a book about failure. OK. Not exactly about failure, but about explorers, specifically polar explorers.
- While most businesses write a business plan, it’s not always a consideration writers make. In How to Create a Business Plan for your Indie Author Business, Tetiana Bek, from ALLi partner member MiblArt is here to explain how to create one and as well as the goals in it.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; the impact of Overdrive; Romance Writers of America cancel the RITAs; indie booksellers on the up, and audio news.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.