This week’s highlights: Michael La Ronn and I answer, Where can I find information on starting my author business?; Howard Lovy interviews Jude Lennon, an English children’s author who does so much more than write….and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2020 Week 5.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this month’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Member Q&A, Michael La Ronn and I answer member questions including, Where can I find information on starting my author business?
- In, How to Prepare a Successful Book Launch, ALLi author member Kristan Julius recently launched her first independently published book and is here to explain how she made it a success.
- Getting your first book to publication is an enormous feat of learning, time and energy and iteration. But what do you about those learning habits once you’ve finally published it? Well, ALLi author member L. N. Mayer suggests we should continue researching and learning throughout our careers.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Jude Lennon, an English children’s author who does so much more than write. She’s not just selling books, but she’s sharing her stories in unique ways.
- In, SEO for Authors: Google Search Algorithm Changes, I explain SEO for authors: Google Search algorithm changes. And what they mean for this website — and for you.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; Audible Captions dispute may be over; Libraries: More popular than the cinema; Piracy will find a way, and Kindle Unlimited.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.