This week’s highlights: Michael La Ronn and I answer member questions including, Why Do I Need an Author Website?; Howard Lovy interviews Sara Easterly, an adoptee who wrote a book about her quest to find her birth mother…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2020 Week 9.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In the latest #AskALLi Members Q&A and Self-Publishing News Salon, Michael La Ronn and I answer member questions including:
- Will IngramSpark promotion for ALLi members continue in 2020?
- Do I need a different ISBN for each format of my book?
- Where can I find ALLi’s Watchdog list of service providers?
- How do I vet a service provider that may not be listed in the directory?
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Sara Easterly, an adoptee who wrote a book, Searching for Mom, about her quest to find her birth mother. But, more than that, her book is a spiritual and emotional search that tries to come to terms with something experienced by many adoptees, a feeling of abandonment.
- Content marketing is a popular and effective form of marketing but many authors think it works best for nonfiction. Not so. This week’s #AskALLi Ultimate Guide gives you everything you need to know to supercharge your fiction content marketing.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; Ingram Spark cracking down on dubious content; copyright; coronavirus; and Storytel and author earnings.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.