Alliance of Independent Authors Blog Roundup 2019 Week 34
This week’s highlights: Adam Croft, Boni-Wagner Stafford and I discuss book branding; Howard Lovy interviews inspirational indie author Carmen Klassen on her series of books about women and how they cope with crisis and change and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2019 Week 34.
Now, onto the roundup.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- Adam Croft, Boni-Wagner Stafford and I discuss book branding: when you should brand the author versus when the branding should focus on the book, or the book series, in this month’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Fiction and Nonfiction Salon.
- Rosalind Minett, author member, is pulling out her inner rebel to talk about when it’s okay to break writing rules as an indie.
- Partner member from Author Marketing Experts, Penny Sansevieri, talks us through a simple book marketing timeline for holiday sales.
- John Wagner-Stafford leverages his background as a professional musician and recording studio producer to offer these tips for getting great sound on your self-published audiobooks and podcasts.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Carmen Klassen about how her personal transitions became the inspiration for her series of books about women and how they cope with crisis and change.
- Partner member Karen Williams, from The Book Mentor, thinks that if you do write a book in your expertise area, there are ten nonfiction elements that boost your business which should be included.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at the rise of the podcast; digital subscriber growth; Digital Book World; and Tax on Ebooks Again!
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.