This week’s highlights: Michael La Ronn and I address the concern, Help! Someone is pirating my book; Howard Lovy interviews inspirational indie author Diana Stevan on hitting her stride as a prolific indie author of novels about family, love, and relationships. and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2019 Week 35.
Now, onto the roundup.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- Michael La Ronn and I address the concern, Help! Someone is pirating my book. This is among the questions answered and concerns addressed in this week’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Advice Podcast from the Alliance of Independent Authors.
- How can you do poetry marketing on a budget? That’s something author member Jessica Cotten is here to explain.
- Author member Dawn Brookes is here with a look forward at where she thinks future audiobook trends are heading.
- For an indie author, maintaining control over our work is often one of the reasons we choose to be and stay independent. Author member JJ Toner explores what control really means for indie authors.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Diana Stevan about hitting her stride as a prolific indie author of novels about family, love, and relationships.
- Author member Mary Louisa Locke looks to audiobook promotion and marketing for indie authors.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; is Amazon tackling its copyright problem?; publishers v Audible; authors v Cengage; and ALLi prize success – and a new prize opportunity!
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.