This week’s highlights: Michael La Ronn and I answer, What is Hybrid Publishing and Should I Consider It?; Howard Lovy interviews inspirational indie author Brandon Wilborn about combining action and adventure with explorations of good and evil and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2019 Week 40.
Now, onto the roundup.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- What is hybrid publishing and should I consider it? That is among the questions answered by myself and Michael La Ronn this month on our monthly Member Q&A.
- Author member Harriet Hodgson tells us about her author business journey and asks, are you a self-actualized author?
- In a saturated world, finding fresh ways to market your books and find new readers is increasingly difficult. However, author member Lesley Tither shows us how a little outside the box book marketing can create amazing results.
- In, Introduction to the Indie Author Translation Rights Program, find out more about the first series of meetings with the authors selected to participate in the experimental indie author translation rights program.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing religious fantasy author Brandon Wilborn, who combines the epic fantasy of J.R.R. Tolkien with the religious allegory of C.S. Lewis to create books with action and adventure, yet grounded in lessons on how to handle moral dilemmas of good and evil.
- In, How Indie Authors Can Sell More Nonfiction Books, Maryann Jacobsen, ALLi author member, looks to content marketing to sell more nonfiction books.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; uploading audiobooks direct to Kobo; Audible captions legal news; happy birthday to The New Publishing Standard, and Wattpad in Latin America.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.