Alliance of Independent Authors Blog Roundup 2019 Week 41
This week’s highlights: Dalma Szentpály and I discuss, How to Self-Publish Poetry Chapbooks; Howard Lovy interviews inspirational indie author Mari Howard who writes about the gray areas where science and religion meet and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2019 Week 41.
Now, onto the roundup.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In How to Self-Publish Poetry Chapbooks, this month’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Poetry Salon, Dalma Szentpály and I will explore the delights and challenges of chapbook publishing, including some upcoming chapbook publishing competitions.
- Recently one of ALLi’s engaged partner members Russell Phillips wrote to us with questions about blockchain technology and its implications for authors. This post details the questions and answers resulting from the questions.
- Alexa Nazzaro, ALLi Partner member and founder of www.aaxelauthorservices.com, has a ton of creative ideas to show you how to leverage book signings.
- In Reinvent the Path to Success, Michael La Ronn offers five lessons to help you reinvent the path to success.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Mari Howard, whose books are about finding ways to reconcile science and religion, and about the personal and ethical gray areas between the two.
- In Self-Publishing is the Best Solution to Low Author Earnings, I discuss how authorship is a business, not a career point and how literary and publishing industries are failing to recognize this, to the detriment of authors’ ability to make a living from their writing.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; AI and the indie author; Kindle: Kids and the end of Matchbook; Amazon-free audiobooks, and Daisie: creative collaboration.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.