Alliance of Independent Authors Blog Roundup 2019 Week 42
This week’s highlights: Joanna Penn and I discuss, How To License Your Publishing Rights; Howard Lovy interviews inspirational indie author Freddie P. Peters who pens financial crime thrillers and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2019 Week 42.
Now, onto the roundup.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In How To License Your Publishing Rights, this month’s #AskALLi Advanced Self-Publishing Salon, Joanna Penn and I bring back advice and information from the Brand Licensing Show in London on publishing rights, deal-making, negotiation, and collaboration for everything from stationery to video, TV to merchandise.
- ALLi Watchdog, John Doppler provides ten of the most common contract pitfalls indie authors must watch out for and asks, who does your publishing contract protect?
- How do you go from twinkle in your eye idea to reader grabbing cover design? Tim McConnehey, founder of Izzard Ink explains how the cover information sheet is central to taking your concept to completed commission in, What is a Cover Information Sheet?
- ALLi Communications Manager Boni Wagner-Stafford explains, once you know how to make the most of your ALLi membership, you will never look back.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Freddie P. Peters, whose background in law and high finance was perfect preparation for her series of financial crime thrillers that also involve espionage, terrorism, and the nature of greed.
- In this opinion piece, author member Cassie Farren, explains how powerful writing can be. She also asks the question, can writing a memoir change your life?
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; international day against DRM; libraries; Storytel and Youscribe on the march; and audio dominates frankfurt.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.