This week’s highlights: Joanna Penn and I discuss, Is Self-Publishing in Germany the Next Opportunity?; Howard Lovy interviews inspirational indie author Robert Dinsmoor, a writer who found a cure for addiction in writing and rehab and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2019 Week 46.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this month’s #AskALLi Advanced Self-Publishing Salon, Joanna Penn and I consider the options for indie authors around the world who’d like to reach the 29.1 million ebook readers in Germany, in English or in translation and ask, Is Self-Publishing in Germany the Next Opportunity?
- If you’re going to be an author, then eventually, you’ll have to talk about your books. Although it’s daunting, ALLi author member Elizabeth Ducie is here to show you how to promote books and still have fun on the radio.
- NaNoWriMo aka National Novel Writing Month is a now twenty-year tradition. Every November, writers take up the challenge of penning 50,000 words in a single month. A monstrous task to some, a weekly habit to others. Either way, writing more is something we all strive for. ALLi author member Rachel McCollin is here to show us how to use data to be a more productive writer.
- How sure are you that you’re getting the most out of your ALLi author membership and that you know about all the resources available? ALLi Communications Manager Boni Wagner-Stafford offers some insight.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Robert Dinsmoor, a writer who found a cure for addiction in writing and rehab … and yoga.
- The fall Self-Publishing Advice Conference saw ALLi launch the start of the Indie Author Translation Rights Program. This week, ALLi is thrilled to present Indie Author Translation Rights Program session two.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; Futurebook 2019; the future of publishing; the latest from Amazon; and when will ebooks be more accessible?
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.