This week’s highlights: Dalma Szentpály and I present, Poetry Book Marketing Part 2—Developing Your Action Plan; I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Howard Lovy, not about my role as ALLi Founder and Director, but about my long journey to becoming an indie author…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2019 Week 49.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this month’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast, Dalma Szentpály and I build on the basic poetry book marketing plan we established last time and move on to choosing some specific actions that feel right for you.
- While we’re gearing up for the next Self-Publishing Advice Conference #SelfPubCon in Spring 2020, Sacha Black is here to take a minute to remind you that while the last conference is over, all ALLi members have free lifetime access.
- ALLi’s latest Quick & Easy Guidebook (now available in the Member Zone) focusses on how to get your first 50 book reviews.
- Every year bank accounts weep as shoppers whip out their wallets in a frenzy of Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping. Why should we writers be any different? ALLi partner member Lisa Lepki, Head of Marketing at ProWritingAid has pulled together a whopping list of deals for writers on courses, software, and books for writers.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing me, not about my role as ALLi Founder and Director, but about my long journey to becoming an indie author from my childhood steeped in the storytelling culture of Ireland to my career as a journalist and then traditionally published novelist, cancer survivor, and poet.
- As we draw into the final few weeks of the year, and the decade, we’re feeling reflective at ALLi. I take a look back at self-publishing in 2019, the ins and outs, highs and lows.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; how we read; the future of Barnes and Noble; educational publishing’s opportunities for writers and libraries.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.