Upcoming Sessions from the Self Publishing Advice Podcast: How Can I Find a Children’s Book Illustrator?
Here’s an advance peek at some of the broadcasts (in Facebook live video and audio podcast) coming soon from the Alliance of Independent Author’s #AskALLi.
#AskALLi Members Q&A and Self-Publishing News: How Can I Find a Children’s Book Illustrator?
This is where Partner Liaison and US Ambassador, Michael La Ronn and I answer ALLi members’ current self-publishing questions. Questions this month include:
- I published my book with a publisher, the publisher did a bad job, and now I got my rights back. I want to self-publish, but “”used”” copies of the original publication are still available. How do I market my book around the early edition?
- Has ALLI ever heard of certain publishers that might be suspected of being shady?
- If I make a change to my book, do I need to register a copyright for it again?
- How can I find a children’s book illustrator?
- Where can I find information on starting my author business?
How to Attend the Live Salon Online: How Can I Find a Children’s Book Illustrator?
Go to this page just before we’re due to start on Saturday 19th October at 1pm GMT (5am PST, 8am EST, 5.30pm IST, 10pm AEST) Facebook will notify you to tune in.
Catch Up – #AskALLi Self-Publishing Fiction & Non-Fiction: The Benefits of Publishing in Multiple Formats and Platforms
Going “wide” or “exclusive” — what’s the difference, and why would you choose one over the other?
We explore some interesting numbers, including responses to a recent informal poll on ALLi’s private FB group that show how many are choosing which option: wide, combo, or KDP Select (which is when you sell your eBooks exclusively with Amazon KDP). Adam jumps in with some convincing numbers on just how big the audiences are in wide versus exclusive. And, of course, we also talk about the differences between fiction and nonfiction for your distribution considerations.
If you missed it, you can watch a replay of the Facebook Live session here. Or you can listen to the audio podcast on the Alliance of Independent Author’s Self-Publishing Advice Center’s podcast page.
If you’ve been motivated, moved or inspired by my writing or any of my work, please consider becoming a patron.
If you already do support, then a deep bow.
Thank you. Sonas mór leat. Namaste.