How was your creative week? In our Go Creative! in Business group, each Friday we record what we accomplished during the week, comparing it to the intentions we set the previous Monday. Below you’ll find my creative accomplishments for week 43 2019.
I blog the accomplishments for both the Alliance of Independent Authors and Orna Ross Publications, my author publishing business, on Friday evenings (7pm UK time), in the hope that sharing the ups and downs of my creative path is useful to other authors and creatives.
There is so much misinformation about what it is to create and run a creative business. We need to know more about what goes on behind the scenes, when you take away the smoke and mirrors.
What’s unique about our Facebook group is that our report is given under the three hats a creative entrepreneur must wear: that of Maker (who produces), Manager (who processes) and Maximizer (who promotes).
Creative Accomplishments Week 43 2019
Creative Accomplishments Week 43 2019: Alliance of Independent Authors
- MAKER: Podcast was this month’s member Q&A. The ALLi blog covered everything from “Content Marketing for Fiction and Non-Fiction“ to “What Happens When Readers Rebel?”. On the guidebooks’ front, we worked on updates to Self-Publishing 3.0, our Copyright Bill of Rights for indie authors and a guide to getting more reviews. These have now gone to the editor.
- MANAGER: Spent most of this week buried in accounts and VAT questions. Triple ugh!
- MARKETER: Worked on Amazon ads for ALLi guides.
Creative Accomplishments Week 43 2019: Orna Ross Publications
- MAKER: Next two chapters of Creative Self-Publishing in the can. A new poem that will be on the blog on Sunday. Three creative flow practices shared with other meditators and f-r-e-e-writers in our private Facebook group.
- MANAGER: New accounting process in place for going forward. Accounts submitted to the accountant.
- MARKETER: Put more books up on AMS ads, including my new poetry book Allowing Now. Now have enough data to begin the keyword culling and tweaking. I’m finding Deb Potter’s book on AMS very helpful.
That was my Week 43 2019. What about you? What did you produce, process or promote this week?
Do pop over to our Go Creative! in Business Facebook group, where we support and motivate each other. It’s completely free, there’s no selling or self-promotion, and you can leave anytime if it isn’t the right fit for you. You’ve nothing to lose and it may be just the creative boost you need.
If you’ve been motivated, moved or inspired by my writing or any of my work, please consider becoming a patron.
If you already do support, then a deep bow.
Thank you. Sonas mór leat. Namaste.