Doing Creative Business With Luxury Guru James Ogilvy
Too much of our work amounts to the drudgery of arranging means toward ends, mechanically placing the right foot in front of the left and the left in front of the right, moving down narrow corridors toward narrow goals.
Play widens the halls.
Work will always be with us, and many works are worthy.
But the worthiest works of all often reflect an artful creativity that looks more like play than work.
Creative Business Tips from James:
1. Use digital media to communicate your brand values and to differentiate yourself from the mainstream.
2. Build on personality. This is the most valuable asset for connecting with consumers.
3. Emphasise craftsmanship and heritage. What are the specific talents of your craft? Why are they unique to your brand?
4. Raise your game in terms of hospitality, service and experience.
5. Be agile. Respond to new expectations about delivery times and updates. Use flash sales and short lead times to gain followers.