This week’s highlights: In our monthly #AskALLi Member’s Q&A, Michael La Ronn and I explain how to find a translator for your book; Sacha Black introduces the theme of the Fall 2019 #SelfPubCon and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from around the indie author houses.
Before all that, ALLi is looking to commission more blog posts for www.selfpublishingadvice.org for June and July. We’re theming the months, June is going to be Marketing Month and July will be Audio Month.
We would love articles written by our members under these topics. So, if you’re an ALLi member and you have an idea for a blog please drop Sacha an email via: email@example.com.
Stuck for ideas? What about writing a blog on the following:
- Using social media without ads – what techniques are working now?
- Tips on getting AMS ads to work now
- How to market without paid ads
- How to sell more paperbacks
- How to on content marketing
- How to market audiobooks
- Kit/equipment you need to record your own audiobook
- The future of audio – where it’s going
- How to distribute and publish audiobooks
Sacha would love to hear from you!
Now, onto the roundup:
In The Secret Diary of a Recovering Plotter, Sacha Black talks about the differences between Plotting vs Pantsing and what happens when you change your writing method.
ALLi author-member Charles Harris explains exactly how to pitch your nonfiction book for film or tv by guiding you through all of the essential steps!
It’s that time of year again. #SelfPubCon is launching the Fall 2019 Self-Publishing Advice Conference. The theme this year is Sell More Books. Behind the scenes, we’ve been preparing the conference. This post from Conference Manager Sacha Black tells you everything you need to know.
And in this month’s AskALLi Member’s Q&A, Michael La Ronn and I explain how to find a translator for your book and answer the following questions:
- How would you recommend that I reach my target audience of teachers and educators?
- What is the recommended way of copyrighting a book by multiple authors?
- Is it better to send my readers to Book 1 in my series or my series page on Amazon?
- What is the difference between an ASIN and an ISBN? A 10-digit ISBN vs a 13-digit ISBN?
In this month’s Inspirational Indie Author Podcast, Howard Lovey interviews leading self-published author Adam Croft about writing characters with flaws and standing out in a crowded genre.
In a new debate & opinion post, ALLI Partner Member Karen Williams from The Book Mentor is here to talk about what’s happened in ten years of nonfiction publishing.
And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at changes at Mailchimp; Amazon publishing turning 10; ebook file formats; and publishing to Google Play.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors including a range of self-publishing guides which non-members can purchase here.