This week’s highlights: In our monthly #AskALLi Members Q&A, Michael La Ronn and I discuss the best way to brand a self-help series; Howard Lovy interviews inspirational indie author Yvonne Caputo on how she rediscovered her father through World War II stories and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from around the indie author houses.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- How do I set paperback prices for my books? Is there a magic formula? ALLi Communications Manager Boni Wagner-Stafford rounds up some of the answers we heard from authors on the ALLi FB forum on how indie authors set paperback prices.
- John Doppler shares 7 game-changing tips for KDP authors.
- ALLi author member Rachel McCollin talks about switching from MailChimp to MailerLite for budget-conscious indie authors.
- In this month’s AskALLi Member’s Q&A, Michael La Ronn and I discuss how to brand a self-help series. Plus, what are the best and ethical methods to do a giveaway without using Goodreads or Amazon giveaways? and If I’ve self-published my business advice book but want to submit it to a publisher, do I still need to write a book proposal.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Author Podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing indie author Yvonne Caputo on how she rediscovered her father through World War II stories
- Leslie Lam Miller suggests 7 ways you can make more money from your book.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at author earnings; indie bookshop week; the Mo Siewcharran prize; and the latest Amazon updates.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors including a range of self-publishing guides which non-members can purchase here.