Upcoming Sessions from the Self Publishing Advice Podcast: How To Market Self-Published Poetry Books
Here’s an advance peek at some of the broadcasts (in Facebook live video and audio podcast) coming soon from the Alliance of Independent Author’s #AskALLi.
#AskALLi Self-Publishing Poetry Salon: How To Market Self-Published Poetry Books
Many poets spend a lot of time submitting to literary journals and competitions but the new way to reach poetry readers is through digital social media and book publishing.
In this session, Business Developer at book distributor PublishDrive, Dalma Szentpály and I, discuss some of the many ways to make and market poetry books today.
How to Attend the Live Salon Online: How To Market Self-Published Poetry Books
Go to this page just before we’re due to start on Monday 28th October at 7pm GMT (11am PST, 2pm EST, 11.30pm IST, 4am (next day) AEST) Facebook will notify you to tune in.
Catch Up – #AskALLi Members Q&A and Self-Publishing News: How Can I Find a Children’s Book
Our member questions this month included:
- I published my book with a publisher, the publisher did a bad job, and now I got my rights back. I want to self-publish, but “used” copies of the original publication are still available. How do I market my book around the early edition?
- Has ALLi ever heard of certain publishers that might be suspected of being shady?
- If I make a change to my book, do I need to register a copyright for it again?
- How can I find a children’s book illustrator?
- Where can I find information on starting my author business?
Dan and Howard also discussed Digital Rights Management (DRM) and why indie authors are choosing not to encrypt their books. They also discussed the further rise of audiobooks through the growth of Storytel and other subscription services.
If you missed it, you can watch a replay of the Facebook Live session here. Or you can listen to the audio podcast on the Alliance of Independent Author’s Self-Publishing Advice Center’s podcast page.
If you’ve been motivated, moved or inspired by my writing or any of my work, please consider becoming a patron.
If you already do support, then a deep bow.
Thank you. Sonas mór leat. Namaste.