Here’s an advance peek at some of the Facebook live videos and podcasts coming up through the Alliance of Indepenent Author’s #AskALLi.
The Self-Publishing Poetry Salon
What to expect from the Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast and associated Facebook Live sessions in the months ahead.
On the last Monday of each month, at 7pm UK time, we’ll be offering themed advice on all aspects of self-publishing poetry on the Alliance of Independent Authors Facebook page.
This will then be released, together with poet interviews and readings, each Wednesday on the #AskALLi Podcast.
This month our Facebook Live session was a little early as Dalma will be travelling next week to the Writers Digest conference.
In the session, Dalma and I:
- introduced the concept behind the Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast.
- We talked about the interviews she’ll do with the most inspirational indie poets working today.
- And I invited indie poetry submissions for “Indie Poetry Please!”. We’re both very excited about the potential for this unique poetry podcast.
If you missed it, you can watch a replay of the Facebook Live session here.
Or you can listen to the upcoming audio podcast on the Alliance of Independent Author’s Self-Publishing Advice Center’s podcast page. It will be released there on on Wednesday 28th August.
The topic of our next #AskALLi Advanced Self-Publishing Salon is: How To Use Audio To Market and Sell Books
From audiobooks to readings to podcasts, audio has never been a hotter topic in publishing, but how do you use audio to market and sell books?
In search of the answers, Joanna is off to the Podcast Movement Conference in Orlando and I’m preparing an advance summary of the audio sessions at Digital Book World. The session will also focus on how you monetise audio.
How to Attend the Live Salon Online: How To Use Audio To Market and Sell Books
Go to this page just before we’re due to start on Monday 2nd September at 7pm GMT (11am PST, 2pm EST, 11.30pm IST, 4am (next day) AEST) Facebook will notify you to tune in.
Catch Up – #AskALLi Members Q&A and Self-Publishing News: Help! Someone is Pirating My Book
“Help! Someone is pirating my book.” One of the pressing self-publishing questions asked by ALLi members in #AskALLi, this week’s Member Q&A from the Alliance of Independent Authors.
Other questions answered this month include:
- My publisher went out of business and took my book with them. What do I do?
- How do I get an editor to read my fantasy book?
- I’m writing a children’s book and looking for an illustrator. What are the most important questions I should be asking the illustrator
- Should I create a coloring book as a companion to my children’s book?
If you missed it, you can watch a replay of the Facebook Live session here. Or you can listen to the audio podcast on the Alliance of Independent Author’s Self-Publishing Advice Center’s podcast page.
Register to Receive A Reminder
If you’d like to receive a reminder about this and future salons, fill in the form below.
If you’ve been motivated, moved or inspired by my writing or any of my work, please consider becoming a patron.
If you already do support, then a deep bow.
Thank you. Sonas mór leat. Namaste.