It’s time to submit your poems for a chance to feature in Indie Poetry Please! May 2021.
My Indie Poetry Please! feature on Instagram and Patreon aims to introduce poetry lovers to exciting and inspiring indie poets and their work.
- We call on poets and poet patrons to submit their work for reposts and readings using the hastag #indiepoetryplease on their poetry on Instagram.
- My patrons also have access to submission on Patreon, receiving priority attention for their poems, alongside a weekly self-publishing advice bulletin and monthly guidebook from the Alliance of Independent Authors.
Each week, we shortlist a poem from those submitted and each month, we choose one winning poem from the shortlist.
I and my co-host on the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi)’s Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast, Trish Hopkinson, read the four winning #indiepoetryplease poems on Instagram Live and IGTV, and then broadcast the readings on YouTube, Vimeo and Soundcloud.
Or the poets are welcome to read their own work on the show, if they prefer.
We also give the poets a shout-out on the podcast and on ALLi’s Facebook Livestream.
If you’d like to call our attention to your poems for the May 2021 feature:
- SUBMIT ANY POEM ANY TIME ON INSTAGRAM by following @ornaross.poetry and tagging #indiepoetryplease when you post a poem.
- MY PATRONS also have access to priority submission on Patreon for readings, receiving guaranteed attention for their poems, alongside a weekly self-publishing advice bulletin and monthly guidebook from the Alliance of Independent Authors. If you’re an Indie Poet Patron on Patreon you can also:
- SUBMIT SELECTED POEMS IN THE COMMENT BOX ON PATREON: Copy and paste the text of your selected poems here. Paste one long (40+ lines) or up to three short poems in the Patreon comment box provided, one poem per box. Please do not submit more, this will disqualify your entry.
REPOSTS AND READINGS
The shortlisted and winning poets are widely broadcast, reposted and read.
- on my blog
- on the Alliance of Independent Authors Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast and blog
- on video livestream on Facebook and YouTube
- on Instagram Live
- on IGTV
- on Vimeo
- on iCloud
- You can submit as many poems as you like, as often as you like, on Instagram. Three poems per month on Patreon.
- Various considerations go into the selection process, including getting a spread of genres, themed broadcasts, what has been previously shortlisted, and many other factors.
- Please post as wide a variety of your work as possible to increase your chances of success.
- Even if not selected for broadcast, many other poets and patrons, readers, followers and fans will be reading your #indiepoetryplease poems.
If you have any difficulty, write to email@example.com with the subject line: Indie Poetry Please! Submission
We very much look forward to hearing and reading your work.
Till next time, may your life be filled with poetry!
PS: Those links again:
- Indie Poetry Please! Submission guidelines: here
- Join as an Indie Poet Patron and instantly submit your poems for priority attention here