Indie Poetry Please! Podcast: Submission Guidelines
Indie Poetry Please! Submission Guidelines
Each month, I read some poetry I’ve written around a particular theme and introduce poetry by three indie poets writing on similar topics. My aim is to introduce listeners to some of the most exciting, inspiring, and dynamic voices working in poetry today.
This program broadcasts on
- Instagram TV, Patreon, SoundCloud and through the Alliance of Independent Authors’ networks.
- Syndicated through iTunes, Stitcher, Player.FM, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Twitch and many other outlets.
Below you can find the Indie Poetry Please! submission guidelines: how to register, how to follow the podcast on Patreon, and how to submit your poems to future callouts.
Indie Poetry Please! Submission Guidelines: Registration
Registration is a dual process, by email and on Patreon.
- EMAIL sign up: Use this form to register your interest in appearing on the show.
- Follow on PATREON: Follow my Patreon page here. This is where the poems are submitted. Following is free and instructions on how to follow are here) Once followed, you will also receive details about each month’s show.
- CALLOUT: Monthly callout. Once registered, each month you will receive a public callout (by email and on Patreon) to submit your poems.
Indie Poetry Please! Submission Guidelines: Submission
Submit up to three poems per month.
- SUBMIT: Submit your poems in Patreon when requested.
- QUOTA: Up to three poems only for each show. Paste one long (40+ lines) or up to three short poems in the box provided (link provided by email), one poem per box. Please do not submit more, this will disqualify your entry.
Indie Poetry Please! Submission Guidelines: Please Note
- Indie Poetry Please! is not an open mic. Various considerations go into the selection process, including our theme of the month, getting a spread of genres, what has been previously broadcast, and many other factors.
- Patrons have priority but neither submission nor patronage guarantee broadcast
- Should your poems be selected for the podcast, we may also broadcast any details you submit through the registration form, or in correspondence, unless requested otherwise.
- Persevere! If not selected one month, please don’t let that keep you from trying again. Our slots are limited and perseverance may well be rewarded.
- Even if not selected for broadcast, your poems will be enjoyed on the Patreon page by many other poets, by my patrons and other followers.
Good luck! I very much look forward to reading your work.
If you have any questions, Sarah can help: email@example.com