Indie Poetry Please! Submission Guidelines
Since mid-summer 2020, I’ve been running a feature called Indie Poetry Please on Instagram and Patreon. My aim is to introduce listeners to some of the most exciting, inspiring, and dynamic voices working in poetry today.
If you’re a poet who’d like more attention and more followers, here’s what to do.
Indie Poetry Please: Instagram
- Follow @ornaross.poetry
- Use the hashtag #indiepoetryplease whenever you post a poem on Instagram.
- We get a lot of submissions and cannot repost them all. Paid submissions through Patreon are prioritized.
- To submit in Patreon: Join Patreon if you haven’t already. Patreon is free to sign up, and free to follow any creator on the platform that interests or inspires you.
- will receive a callout each month to submit your poems while your monthly membership lasts. Cancel any time.
- Featured #indiepoetryplease poems reach thousands of highly engaged poetry lovers through my Instagram feed (as posts and stories) and broadcast as readings and recordings on Instagram Live and IGTV.
- As a patron your submission is prioritized but patronage does not guarantee publication.
- Submit your poems as often as you like, while membership lasts. Posting a wide variety of poems increases your chances of success and perseverance is often rewarded.
Contact Kayleigh: email@example.com or patrons, message us anytime on Patreon.