My Indie Poetry Please feature on Instagram and Patreon aims to introduce poetry lovers to exciting and inspiring indie poets and their work.
Each week, we shortlist poems from those submitted to the “Indie Poetry Please” feature on my Instagram account for reposts. And each month, we choose winning poems from the shortlist for further broadcast reading.
Indie Poetry Please: Reposts and Readings
- FOR REPOSTS: Open submission on Instagram: Submit any poem, anytime, by following @ornaross.poetry and tagging #indiepoetryplease when you post a poem on Instagram. This hashtag is closely followed on Instagram and wins your work immediate exposure.
- FOR READINGS: Four #indiepoetryplease poems are selected each month to be read (by the poets or show hosts) on Instagram Live and IGTV–and broadcast on YouTube, Vimeo and Soundcloud. The poets also get a shoutout on the #AskALLi Self-publishing Poetry podcast Podcast, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), and on ALLi’s Facebook Livestream.
MY PATRONS also have access to priority submission on Patreon for readings, receiving guaranteed attention for their poems, alongside a weekly self-publishing advice bulletin and monthly guidebook from the Alliance of Independent Authors.
Indie Poetry Please: Readings and Broadcasts
The shortlisted and winning poems are broadcast and read by me and Trish Hopkinson, my co-presenter on the ALLi’s monthly Self-Publishing Poetry Advice podcast.
On audio, video and blog
on my blog on OrnaRoss.com
on the Alliance of Independent Authors Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast and blog
on ALLi’s video livestream on Facebook and YouTube
on Instagram Live
Indie Poetry Please: Submission Guidelines
- You can submit as many poems as you like, as often as you like, on Instagram. Three poems per month on Patreon.
Various considerations go into the selection process, including getting a spread of genres, themed broadcasts, what has been previously shortlisted, Patreon patronage, and many other factors.
Please post as wide a variety of your work as possible to increase your chances of success.
Even if not selected for broadcast, many other poets and patrons, readers, followers and fans will be reading your #indiepoetryplease poems.
Indie Poetry Please: How To Become A Patron
- Join Patreon if you haven’t already.
- will receive a callout each month by email to submit your poems.
- Submit as often as you like, while membership lasts. Posting a variety of poems increases your chances of success and perseverance is often rewarded.
- Patrons get priority reading
- Cancel any time.