We’ve been talking a lot about Amazon in ALLi over the past week or so, with two blog posts about them ( on whether the company really “loves authors” Here and on all the way to publish on Amazon Here).
Doing the research, I came across this interview with Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO, from the American Academy of Achievement, in which he discusses his love of books.
I thought you might be interested.
- On reading 30 Newbery Award winners as the boy
- On one of his favourite books: A Wrinkle in Time
- On reading The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings
- On finding, in the tiny little Andrew Carnegie-style library in his grandfather’s town, where all the books had been donated from the local citizens, an extensive science fiction collection “because it just so happened one of the residents of this 3,000-person town had been a science fiction fan, and donated their whole collection”.
- On reading Heinlein and Asimov, igniting his love of “all the well-known science fiction authors, that persists to this day”.