Latest News and Resources from ALLi – Week 19 2020
In this week’s highlights: Build an Engaged Mailing List of Fans; Howard Lovy interviews Sonja Dewing about living on the wild side while she writes about it…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 19.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this week’s, AskALLi Fiction & Nonfiction Podcast, Sacha Black and I discuss how to manage your mailing list to build an engaged readership.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Sonja Dewing. Sonja is an adventure writer who enjoys living on the wild side while she writes about it, whether it’s touring the Amazon or mixing it up in the roller derby. Sonja decided to quit her job a few years ago to focus on her writing, travel, and helping other authors, and has not regretted the decision for one second.
- Selling books is bread and butter for any author and increasing numbers of indie authors are making their own website the hub of their publishing business, with other online sellers as outposts. The Alliance of Independent Authors has a bookshop on this website where non-members can buy its books (All are free to members who can download by logging in allianceindependentauthors.org and navigating to the BOOKS menu). Today, we bring you the ultimate guide to selling books on your author website.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions to Honorée Corder about selling books in bulk.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; trouble at Bertrams raises distribution doubts; VAT; supporting indies raises questions, and the Bookseller launches a Covid impact list.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.