In this week’s highlights: How to Boost Your Book Sales Through Marketing Using Traditional Media and P.R; Howard Lovy interviews Edward Trayer about his career as children’s author ‘Billy Bob Buttons’…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 20.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- Join author A. G. Billig in this Self-Publishing Advice Conference Highlight: How to Boost Your Book Sales Using Traditional Media and P.R., two of the most valuable tools in your book-marketing arsenal. When used wisely, they can boost your visibility, sales, and number of loyal and get you on the bestseller lists.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Edward Trayer, but many schoolchildren, parents, and teachers know him by the name Billy Bob Buttons. Edward went through a few incarnations before he settled on this persona, from a teacher to a pilot, but he found his life’s calling when he brought the joy of reading and writing to children.
- While the digital age combined with Covid-19 lockdown has seen an increase in ebook sales, there are a huge chunk of readers who are staunch paper lovers—specifically, hardback or premium books. Today, we bring you The Ultimate Guide to Hardback and Premium Books.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked we asked the question “How are you Coping?”.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; what do virtual events look like?; Apple Books for authors; audiobooks, and Ingram Spark introduces free ISBNs (among other things).
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.