In this week’s highlights: The Most Useful Tools, Software, and Services for Independent Authors; Howard Lovy interviews Liza Perrat, a truly international indie author…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 21.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this month’s #AskALLi Advanced Salon, Joanna Penn and I talk about the tools, software, and services we use that are the most advantageous for independent authors—from writing to formatting to planning, sales tracking, accounting, and more.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing a truly international indie author—an Australian by birth who writes historical novels about France, her adopted country. In fact, you’ll hear a combination of both countries in her voice.
- Indie authors are generous in sharing information and paying knowledge forward which has given us real competitive advantages. The Alliance of Independent Authors is built on such author collaboration. Others are entering formal collaboration partnerships in writing and publishing. Here is your Ultimate Guide to Author Collaboration in Writing and Publishing.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat)we asked questions to Rebecca Wood about getting your author business back on track.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; Kobo Plus expands; video and subscription audio boom; how the industry is changing, and Wattpad Film and Widewizard.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.