In this week’s highlights: Sell Books from Your Author Website; Howard Lovy interviews Dan Holloway, the expert in how to think creatively…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 24.
New Service for ALLi Members
The Alliance Of Independent Authors (ALLi) and the Ethan Ellenberg Literary Agency (EELA) have inaugurated a partnership to assist ALLi Authors in the management and licensing of their rights.
The Ellenberg Agency will provide an “ask me anything” style advisory service through the ALLi Member Support desk, as well as one-off representation on contract offers. And full rights representation to qualifying Authorpreneur members.
The rights covered by this agreement include translation, audio, and more. Specific areas of attention may include prior agreements, queries received, and offers. There is no obligation to employ the Ellenberg Agency in any capacity and all services are offered by member request only.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this month’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Fiction & Nonfiction, Sacha and I outline the advantages and downsides of selling books directly to readers.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Dan Holloway, who many of you already know as ALLi’s news editor who updates us on our blog and podcast with the latest news from the world of independent publishing. Who you may not know is Dan Holloway the advocate for the disabled, the powerlifter, the ultramarathon runner, the writer of thrillers and poetry, and the expert in how to think creatively.
- When you open your completed manuscript to start editing, it seems like a monumental task. But like any project, if you break it down into stages, the baby steps are much more manageable. Which is why today’s ultimate guide is all about self-editing your manuscript.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions about publishing after the lockdown. It was an open chat rather than having a guest.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; new service for ALLi members; US Selfies Awards; are online conferences and festivals here to stay?; writers respond to racism – #PublishingPaidMe; and bookstores.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.