Latest News and Resources from ALLi – Week 25 2020
In this week’s highlights: Reboot Your Brand; Howard Lovy interviews Dean Blake, who has turned Instagram fame into an indie author career…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 25.
Exciting News This Week: An #indieauthorchat Competition
We have a free copy of Dragon Professional and a 1-year subscription to Dragon Anywhere as a prize for one person. The winner will be chosen from those who retweet this blog post using the hashtag #IndieAuthorChat
Alternatively, if you’re not on Twitter or you don’t want to wait, you can save almost £100 with our ALLi discount on Dragon Professional Standard/Wireless – including One Free Month’s Subscription to Dragon Anywhere.
30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- It’s widely accepted that vanity publishing is bad for authors. But what, exactly, is “vanity publishing”? Where do we draw the line between a reputable publisher and a vanity press? John Doppler asks, What Is Vanity Publishing?
- In this month’s #AskALLi Advanced Self-Publishing Podcast, Joanna and I share what we’ve been doing to reboot our author brands, and invite you to reflect and reassess too in the light of our insights.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Dean Blake, who has turned Instagram fame into an indie author career. What began as simple drawings that poke fun of ridiculous life situations went viral on social media and have struck a chord, especially in these times, when we can all use a good laugh.
- When you start writing, your only concern is getting to the end of your manuscript. Even publishing is a distant concept. But eventually, if you stick at this long enough, the world of rights, translations and selective licensing opens up. The Alliance of Independent Authors’ ran a six-month rights program, its aim was to open up the rights industry to indie authors. This is a write up of everything learned during those six months. This is the ultimate guide to selling book rights for indie authors.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions about writing books by Hand vs Dictation vs Typing with Debbie Young.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s running a special news piece on Responses to Racism and Black Lives Matter.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.