Latest News and Resources from ALLi – Week 26 2020
In this week’s highlights: What are the Industry Standards for Paperback Books?; Howard Lovy interviews Lorna Fergusson, who has devoted her career to coaching other indie authors…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 26.
GO CREATIVE! Monthly Motivator & Planning Session
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- The Alliance Of Independent Authors (ALLi) and the Ethan Ellenberg Literary Agency (EELA) have inaugurated a partnership to assist ALLi members in the management and licensing of their rights.
- In this month’s #AskALLi Member Q&A, Michael and I will be answering your member questions including, what are the industry standards and best practices for paperback books?
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Lorna Fergusson, who has tried publishing the traditional way, but found that she enjoyed the control she had over her own work that comes with being an indie author. Lorna has also devoted her career to coaching other indie authors on how they can chase away self-doubt and join the indie publishing revolution.
- It’s mind-boggling that just 15 years ago, there were no iPhones, no Kindles and barely an inkling of the impending self-publishing revolution. In a few short years, indie authors have irrevocably changed the industry: now accounting for 24-34% of all ebook sales in the largest English-language markets, depending on which source you read (and none of them tell the full story). Today, the Alliance of Independent Authors #AskALLi team look at the facts and figures about self-publishing and the impact of indie authors on the wider publishing industry.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions about Processes, Outsourcing and Automation.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at Bookbeat insights; events online; publishers take stock; new tech chances, and upcoming conferences and events.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.