In this week’s highlights: the basics of online poetry book distribution and sales; Howard Lovy interviews Eric Twiggs, an indie author and motivational speaker who is an expert in procrastination…and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 27.
This week you’ll see in the post below that we have a summer sale in swing.
Two of the most popular offers so far are access passes to all the Self-Publishing Advice Conferences, past and future, at half-price (DISCOUNT CODE HMD5172 gives 50% off the six-month pass and LTP1735 gives 50% off the lifetime pass).
And 20% Discount off the famous Dragon software. ‘Dragon Speech Recognition Software’, the best dictation software on the market, which ALLi director Orna Ross describes as her “number one productivity tool” and in an upgraded version that is faster and more accurate than ever before.
There are all sorts of offers on every aspect of publishing, from editing, design and formatting, to PR, marketing, review services and competition entries. It’s the ALLi Summer Sale Bonanza. Check it out!
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this month’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast, Dalma and I explore the basics of online poetry book distribution and sales trends over the past few months.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Eric Twiggs, an indie author and motivational speaker who is an expert in procrastination. In fact, it took him a little while to figure out that was his calling, and then he held off on writing a book about it.
- Everyone loves a good bargain. Part of being an Alliance of Independent Authors member is access to the vetted, trusted Partner Member directory. And it’s with great excitement that the AskALLi team shares a whopper of a summer sale. With thanks to all our trusted partners who have been extra generous with their discounts and sales for ALLi members. This is The Alliance of Independent Authors Summer Sale Bonanza.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions about Lessons From a Best Selling Author with Adam Croft.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at Frankfurt wants you; Overdrive: reorganisation or strategic move?; Amazon in Sweden and India, and audiobooks update.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.