Latest News and Resources from ALLi – Week 28 2020
In this week’s highlights: establishing your author platform; Howard Lovy interviews Michael La Ronn, who many of you know as the co-host of the AskALLi Members’ Q&A podcast….and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 28.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this month’s #AskALLi Self-Publishing Fiction & Nonfiction Podcast, Sacha and I explore the importance of establishing your author platform and we explain how to establish an effective platform in today’s digital publishing environment.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Michael La Ronn, who many of you know as the co-host of the AskALLi Members’ Q&A podcast. You also may know him as a video blogger, and writer of fantastic fiction. He lives and thrives at the border between genres, and as a black author who was raised in a biracial family, he chooses to try to bring people together in these polarized times.
- In a two-part series starting today and finishing next Monday, the Alliance of Independent Authors #AskALLi team explores piracy and plagiarism and the impact they’re having on indie authors as well as what you can do about them. This is, Is Copyright Broken? Part 1 – The Indie Author’s Guide to Managing Piracy.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions about Creativity vs Profitability. It was an open chat with no guest.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at KDP price boundaries change in UK; growth in subscription; Ingram upgrades; children’s literature: driving print and audio, and quarantine erotica.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.