In this week’s highlights: how good prose sells more books; Howard Lovy interviews Kristina Stanley, founder of Fictionary….and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 30.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this week’s #SelfPubCon Highlight, Sacha Black will show you a series of quick tips to improve your prose, rid yourself of ticks and crutches and polish your stories to perfection.
- Welcome back to the Alliance of Independent Authors next instalment in the International Insights series hosted by Mark Williams of The New Publishing Standard. This week, Mark discusses Middle East, North Africa and Arab Markets.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Kristina Stanley, a rare writer who also loves math. You don’t find too many who can use both the logical and artistic sides of their brains. The way Kristina has combined the two talents is in the fiction-writing software she developed that guides writers along the way to achieving their artistic vision.
- The term “content repurposing” is used a lot. But what does it mean and how do you “do it”? Well, that’s what the Alliance of Independent Authors AskALLi team aims to answer today in, The Ultimate Guide to Content Repurposing.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) we asked questions about avoiding using vanity presses. This was an open chat with no guest.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; new features from Kobo and Bookbub; COVID help for the creative industries – indies included?; freedom of speech: cancel culture and anti-SLAPP legislation; and charts: where rules, etiquette, and practicality mix.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.