Latest News and Resources from ALLi – Week 31 2020
In this week’s highlights: best time management tips for authors; Howard Lovy interviews Dave Tamanini, who wrote a book about a slave during the Salem Witch trials….and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) blog roundup 2020 Week 31.
It’s launch week for ALLi’s new guidebook, 150 Self-Publishing Questions Answered: ALLi’s Writing, Publishing, and Book Marketing Tips for Authors and Poets, written by ALLi’s Outreach Manager M.L. Ronn (Michael La Ronn). You can read an excerpt in this blog post and you can purchase the book here As with all our guides, ALLI members can access their complimentary e-book copy in the member zone. Members: just log in and navigate to “Guidebooks”
Congratulations and happy launch week to Michael!
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- In this week’s #AskALLi Member Q&A & Self-Publishing News Podcast, Michael La Ronn and I discuss the best time management tips for authors. Also, News Editor Dan Holloway updates us on expansion at Ingram and NetGalley, and what the continued growth of audio means for indie authors.
- Welcome back to the Alliance of Independent Authors next instalment in the International Insights series hosted by Mark Williams of The New Publishing Standard. This week, Mark discusses Ibero-America.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Dave Tamanini, who at the age of 72, has spent a lifetime studying relationships. That is, relationships between races and genders as a civil rights enforcer, and relationships between family members as a lawyer working in family courts. After retirement, he found the perfect way to unite all these studies into one book about a slave during the Salem Witch trials.
- The following is an excerpt from ALLi’s new guidebook, 150 Self-Publishing Questions Answered: ALLi’s Writing, Publishing, and Book Marketing Tips for Authors and Poets, written by ALLi’s Outreach Manager M.L. Ronn (Michael La Ronn). In this section, Michael tackles how to distribute and manage your ebook at retailers like Amazon and Google Play, how to make your book free, and more. Read this post to get a taste of the book, and listen to the audiobook excerpt narrated by Michael below.
- Here is a statement from the Alliance of Independent Authors regarding author in-store bulk purchases and Mark Dawson’s bulk self-purchase of The Cleaner.
- On the ALLi Twitter chat (#indieAuthorChat) this week we asked questions about Generating Book Ideas.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; Kickstarter and Wattpad making waves; cleaning up; cannibalising sales?; and is Covid-19 changing the way we write and work?
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Thursday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the non-profit association for self-publishing authors.
ALLi offers many benefits to indie authors, helping our members to publish great books and advocating for indie authors in the literary and publishing sectors.