NEXT LIVE EVENT: How To Create Anything
Regent’s Park University, London. Saturday Nov 25th: A day workshop focussed on you: your innate creative potential and how to apply it through the seven stages of the creative process.
You may be (or want to be) a creative: writer, artist, performer.
You may be (or want to be) a creativist: somebody who wants to bring the creative process into everyday life.
Whichever you are, whatever you want to consciously create, however often you might have tried before, this workshop will release untapped power, by giving you the clarity and courage, the motivation and inspiration, and the tools and techniques you need.
So few people understand the creative process and how to use it. Once you do, everything changes. You will learn:
- How to distinguish between wants, cravings, desires, yearnings, longings and establish what you truly want.
- How to turn that true want into the perfect creative intention, one the meets your personal definition of success.
- How to apply the seven stages of the creative process to whatever you’re creating in your life — and how to recognize, and work with, the specific challenges of each stage.
Trying to catch hold of inspiration is like trying to hold water. The tighter you squeeze, the less you hold.
What can be learned is how to work (and play) with the creative process, how to cultivate the create-state, how to get out of the way so the underground flow of our creative potential can surface.
We’ve all been cut off from a great source of personal power by an education system that favours conventional over creative learning. This seminar and workshop reverse that loss, give you back what is always there for us, though we are not always there for it.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You’ll work alone, alongside others, on a series of charts, logs and maps to a background of inspirational music, open discussion, and deep listening.
- You’ll examine your values, see what your passions are telling you, and uncover a sense of mission and possibility.
- You’ll identify and understand your personal challenges and resistance patterns. Why they arise and how to deal with them
- You’ll have a lot of fun
As you listen to and learn from like-minded others and (if you want) share what’s emerging for you, you’ll be filling maps, logs and charts that will unfold a creative plan for the coming months, constructed around a seven-stage process.
And, crucially, unfold an understanding of the supports you need to deliver it through each of those seven stages.
You’ll leave feeling inspired and motivated and secure in knowing you can access ongoing support through the Go Creative books, blog and online club.
FAQs: PRACTICAL STUFF:
I have lots of questions
Just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the refund policy?
I will refund any time up to the event so you’re safe to book now, if you’re not sure of your movements, rather than wait and find it’s sold out.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
I’ll have your name on a list but no harm to bring it along.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
If you can’t use it, for any reason, I’m happy for you to pass it on — but do ensure you give it to somebody who’s likely to understand and welcome the ethos of the event.
- Experience your own inspiration and creativity in action
- Acquire three transformative creative practices
- Learn about the challenges inherent in living a creative life and how to relish them.
- Enjoy music and writing, connection and conversation — and lots of laughter.
- Be energized, motivated, uplifted and inspired — by Orna, by the other participants, by the sponsors of the event.
- Leave with free books and resources, a personal creative map for the month and year ahead, together with techniques that you can use again and again, and online support to keep you connected