On sale Summer 2016
At last year’s Indie Author Fringe event, Debbie Young helped to launch our #Authors4Bookstores campaign, and this is the companion book, providing encouragement and inspiration for all authors to build better relationships with bookstores. It addresses questions frequently asked by indie authors such as:
- How do you make the first to approach to a bookstore?
- What’s the best way to publish your book to appeal to bookstores is CreateSpace taboo?
- How do you set the retail price and the bookstore’s discount?
- How do you sustain supplies without absorbing your profit?
- Is it possible even to make a profit?
- What is the future of bookstores are physical shops a dying breed?
- Should you even bother going into print, or stick with ebooks?
The answers to these questions, and much more, are contained in this easy-to-follow guidebook, written with the marketing needs of indie authors in mind, but also very useful to authors who are not self-published. It explains:
- how bookstores operate, equipping you to work more effectively with them
- how to decide whether or not to pursue this route for your books
- how to make your book bookstore-ready
- how to approach booksellers professionally and with confidence
- how to make an effective case to pitch your book for shelf-space
- how to deal both with independent stockists and with chainstores
- why bookstores are important to all authors
- how forward-thinking booksellers are developing new and exciting store concepts
After reading this book, whether or not you decide to seek opportunities to get your books into bookstores, you’ll know that you’ve made an informed decision and reached your conclusion for all the right reasons. Written in Debbie Young’s friendly and encouraging style, familiar from her previous how-to books for authors and from her role as Commissioning Editor of ALLi’s Author of advice blog, this book is an easy, quick and interesting read for all authors, no matter how they are published.
"Buy From Your Favorite Online Store Below"
this book is coming soon
To keep posted when this book is out, sign-up for my monthly newsletter. As a bonus, I’ll also send you my first novel, After the Rising.