As an indie author, I always have books in different stages of the publishing process: writing, production, promotion.
Here’s what I’m working on right now.
As followers know, the Go Creative! series has challenged me and taken me a long time to finish (with some rewrites along the way). But almost there!
In this book, I’m looking at the opportunities and challenges for writers today in a rapidly transforming publishing landscape, where digital opportunities are changing everything we thought we knew about books.
Filled with facts about contemporary writing and publishing, this book also offers creative and practical insights and instruction in how today’s authors can make a living — and a life — from writing.
Drawing on my experiences as Director of the Alliance of Independent Authors, the book covers:
– The different business models writers are using in today’s global, digital marketplace
– A deep understanding of how creatives connect with money
– Tools and techniques that connect writers to their creative power to write, publish and earn
– Instructions on how to use other forms of writing, including blogging, to augment book writing and income
– Exploration of free and gift business models for writers and publishers
– Analysis of how digital publishing has changed the financial landscape for authors and how new financial technologies look set to further disrupt supply chains and payment methods.
The book shows how to create a sustainable living and lifestyle from the unprecedented opportunities now emerging for writers and readers.
An accompanying workbook provides creative exercises that enable each author to map out their own personal writing, publishing and money plan for success.
“When looked at from the woman’s side of the bedsheet, most tales take a turning, and this one’s no different.” So says Rosie the narrator. A novel based on a true story about a poetic love affair that shook a nation.