I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of my website visitors, readers, and service users. Any data you send me will be used in a lawful way, I won’t do anything with it that I did not tell you about in advance, and it will all remain private unless you give me permission to send specific data to a third party for a good reason.
What Information Do I Collect?
Name and Email Address: When you contact OrnaRoss.com, I ask for your name, email address, and other information specific to your question. I keep the information I collect from you to a minimum, just the necessary details to provide services or answer your questions.
Privacy Assurance: You can also be assured that your personal information will never be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company or individual for any reason whatsoever.
What Do I Use Your Information For?
Your information is used only as necessary, in one of the following ways:
- to process your membership transaction or books purchase
- to communicate with you when you have questions about registration, transactions or membership
- to communicate with you when you have questions about transactions
- to improve my services (I am constantly striving to improve my website and other offerings in response to feedback and information gleaned from web analytics)
How Do I Protect Data?
I make it a priority to maintain the privacy of your personal information and take all appropriate technical and organizational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent its loss, misuse, or alteration.
- I store all your personal data on secure servers.
- I have a variety of security measures in place and use only trusted partners.
- I do not store your credit or debit card numbers.
- Data relating to your enquiries and financial transactions sent from your web browser to my web server, or from my web server to your web browser, is protected using encryption technology.
Please Note: You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted data over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee its security. You should ensure that your password is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer program. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing my website confidential and I will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to my website).
What If OrnaRoss.com Has Wrong Information About You?
Please let us know if any personal data I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
What Are Cookies and What Do I Do With Them?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” or “session” cookies.
- A persistent cookie is stored by a web browser and remains valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted before then by the user.
- A session cookie expires at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete them.
Please Note: If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of my website.
Does OrnaRoss.com disclose information to outside parties?
Personal data that I process will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
I do not store your financial details (credit or debit card numbers).
I work with trusted third parties to operate our website, conduct business and provide our services and only those who agree to keep information confidential.
Please Note: In a situation where a release of information is necessary to comply with the law, or to protect your, our or other’s legal rights, property or safety, I may release the necessary information to the authorities. In the unlikely event of such, all members would be immediately informed.
What about non-personally identifiable information?
No. I do not release non-personally identifiable information either.
What About Sites I Link to?
I cannot accept responsibility or liability for the content or activities of linked sites. These individuals or companies have their own independent privacy and cookies policies, which you need to check separately.
I actively invite member and follower feedback on all third-party alliances.
I would like you to know your principal rights under EU data protection law:
- The right to access: You have the right to confirm the personal data I hold about you and I will be please to provide access if you request it.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you corrected and to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- The right to erasure: This is also known as the “right to be forgotten.” You have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay for any reason. There are a few exceptions to this right, required to comply with certain legal obligations, or provide defence against a legal claim. Again, all interested parties will be informed fully.
- The right to restrict processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data; or I no longer need the data, but you would like it retained for legal reasons.
- The right to object to processing: If you make such an objection, I will cease to process your personal information, unless I have compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests. Again, in the unlikely event of this happening, I would be in discussion about such and you can be assured of complete transparency and disclosure.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). I do not use your data for such, beyond the provision of books, reports, and other member services. If you make such an objection, I will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority: If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes any data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
- The right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to provision of your data at any time.
Our website and services are targeted at people over the age of 16. If I have reason to believe that I hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, I will delete it.
If you have any questions or concerns about my handling of data, please e-mail me.
General questions about handling of data privacy are answered by this EU guide to the individual’s right to general data protection.