The Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast is a monthly online advice and performance podcast run by me and Dalma Szentpály of PublishDrive for the Alliance of Independent Authors.
We discuss the indie poetry scene, give advice on how to self-publish and sell poetry books, interview popular and inspiring indie poets and enjoy some readings.
This free online monthly event is open to all and offers:
- advice on how to self-publish poetry books for pleasure and profit
- discussion about writing and publishing options for poets
- featured indie poet interviews
- readings from self-publishing poets in a segment called Indie Poetry Please!
Poetry lovers come along to listen, enjoy the talent and the insight into the indie poetry scene. Poets come to listen, learn and showcase their work.
The Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast: VIDEO
- We broadcast the live event on the last Monday of the month, on the Alliance of Independent Authors Facebook page, as part of the AskALLi video and audio broadcasts.
- Sign up here for a reminder for the live event
The Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast: AUDIO
- We broadcast the audio from that live event, together with some more indie poetry audio (see below) at 1pm on the podcast, each last Wednesday of the month. The podcast is widely distributed on iTunes, Stitcher, Player.FM, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Twitch and other outlets, is featured here on my website and is linked to the extensive network of the Alliance of Independent Authors.
You can subscribe on your preferred podcast player below.
The Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast: How To Attend
- Follow my Patreon page here (following is free)
- Watch out for your reminders and turn up to the Alliance of Independent Authors Facebook Page, on the last Monday of the month at 7pm BST, London time.
- Register here if you would like to receive a link to the podcast when released. You’ll also receive other indie poetry news and regular free books and bonuses
The Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast: How To Submit to Indie Poetry Please!
RECORD: Record a quality MP3 audio recording of you reading your three favorite/best poems. You can use your phone for this but the recording must be done in a quiet place and be broadcast quality.
- Indie Poetry Please! is no longer open mic. A number of factors are taken into consideration each month in deciding who to broadcast, including poetry recently broadcast, theme of the month and many other factors.
- Patrons have priority but neither submission nor patronage guarantee broadcast.
- Even if not selected for reading, the poems will be enjoyed on that page by many other poets, by my patrons, and by other followers
- If you have any questions, Sarah will be happy to help. email@example.com
Dalma and I very much look forward to hearing and reading your work.
And if you’d like to support the poetry podcast too, Become a Patron here