The Indie Poetry Podcast is a monthly online reading and performance podcast with guest poets. Indie poets submit an audio file of themselves reading or performing their three best poems. I choose one of the three to air and discuss.
If you’re a poetry lover, do come along and listen. I can promise you some extraordinary talent and inspirational poets.
Poets: Submission details below.
The Indie Poetry Podcast
- The Indie Poetry Podcast is a free online monthly event, open to all to listen and submit (but patrons have submission priority).
- I feature seven poets poets in the Indie Poetry Podcast each month. Each reads their own poetry and I explain what I liked about the poem, what works for me.
- One poet is interviewed in depth about their influences and publishing aspirations. I help them to work out a good publishing plan.
- Podcasts are widely distributed on iTunes, Stitcher, Player.FM, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Twitch and many other outlets. They also feature on my website and are linked to the extensive network of the Alliance of Independent Authors.
- Please note: submission does not guarantee broadcast and patrons have priority.
- Follow my Patreon Page for updates and to be sent the latest show by email (it’s free to follow)
The Indie Poetry Podcast: How To Submit
- If you’re a poet, send a good quality audio recording of you reading your best three poems to email@example.com with the subject line: “Indie Poetry Podcast Submission”.
- Also send a text of the poems in Microsoft Word
- a little background about how they were written and what they mean to you
- your experience in digital self-publishing. (Don’t worry if you don’t have any experience; most poets don’t… yet.)
- Your website and social media details
- If you have any questions or comments, Sarah will be happy to help.