V is for (Creative) Vacuum
This law of life means that whatever you want to create, you don’t need to approach it with strain or effort. You just take it into the vacuum and allow it to unfold.
In human terms, the vacuum is space, stillness and silence and all the artists and sages have know the importance of spending time there.
- ‘One’s action ought to come out of an achieved stillness: not to be mere rushing on.’ D.H. Lawrence
- ‘Stop thinking and talking about it and there is nothing you won’t know.’ Zen principle.
- ‘See how nature – trees, flowers, grass – grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...’ Mother Teresa.
- ‘True intelligence operates silently. Stillness is where creativity and solutions to problems are found.‘ Eckhart Tolle.
- ‘The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.’ Chuang Tzu.
So ‘Let us be silent, that we may hear the whispers of the gods.’ (RW Emerson), and ‘throw our dreams into space like a kite,’ (Anais Nin). Let us know that ‘except for the point, the still point, there would be no dance, and there is only the dance” (T.S. Eliot) and allow ourself to be ‘…reconciled among the stars./at the still point of the turning world.’
COMMENTS ON THIS POST are invited at: Orna Ross Facebook Page
DON’T MISS A THING: Sign up to receive The Creative Intelligence Blog direct to your Email Inbox.
SHARE SOME CREATIVE INTELLIGENCE: Pass it on. The “Share This” button below makes it the work of a moment to forward this post by email or a host of other ways. Yes, that green squiggle down there to the left. Spread the word.