Just as there’s a pattern in a snowflake or a constellation, there’s a pattern which has brought you and me together like this: you reading these words I wrote.
We live separate lives, removed in time and space, yet beneath the seeming separation, lies a deeper, all-powerful, unifying force. It connects us, not just the the miracle of the written word — and what a miracle that is! — but as an underlying creative spirit that flows through us both, and through these words, and though the places where I’m writing them, and you’re reading them, and through the place beyond those places.
The enormous drama of the universe.
- Maybe you’re here because you’re frustrated at not having found success, or perhaps because you don’t even define success as other people do.
- Maybe you’re here because you want to make:
- More time? More money?
More home comforts? More travel?
More intimacy? More community?
More friends? More alone time?
More fun? More meaning?
- More time? More money?
- Maybe you’re now a parent and want to create great things for your kids’ sake — or want to teach them how to be more creative.
- Maybe you just want to wake up, look in the mirror, and feel good about what you are doing with, as the American poet Mary Oliver put it, “your one wild and precious life“
Whatever your reason, thank you for being here. It takes courage to admit to your own creative desires and to commit to making them happen.
How To Create Anything
Have I left your most important desire off the list? No matter. If you’re alive, you have something you want to make (though it’s possible to be so removed from your own desires that you don’t even know what they are). And the same process that makes one thing is what makes everything.
Even if you have no clue, even if you are completely blocked or stuck or in a rut, the Go Creative! books and the Creativist Club give you the insights and ideas, practices and process you need, to reconnect with your own innate creative capacity.
You will move from the pain or paralysis of not knowing what you want, or not knowing how to make it, to the energy, enthusiasm and excitement that always kicks in once as you creatively reconnect.
When we’re cut off from our own creative power, we become disillusioned and eventually despairing.
Most doctors, counsellors and therapists label this a psychological problem and sometimes it may be but I believe it is primarily an educational challenge.
Most people don’t know how to consciously create.
Worse, they are educated out of using their natural creative skills by schools, workplaces, media and social structures that are highly suspicious of all things creative.
By re-educating body and brain, anyone can easily tap back into the creative flow that is, always, a natural part of human life. We can all create what we most truly want in life. We are all meant to.
For many years, I’ve taught creative theories, tools and techniques to people of varying class and color, creed and ethnicity, gender and sexuality, ability and disability. And in every setting you can imagine: from half-empty community halls to the exhibition halls of major publishing conferences; from magnificent hotels to online Google hangouts from home; from university seminar rooms to spiritual retreat centers.
I know conscious creation is a much deeper process that that promoted by most Law of Attraction gurus but also much simpler than our conventional thinking would allow.
I’ve seen the benefits unfolding, after a short re-education, in people of both sexes, in many different countries, and at every level of income.
I’ve seen lives so completely, and reliably, transformed by these tools and techniques that I now pass them on whenever I can.
There are three stages:
- Lightening Up: You’ll learn how you haven’t been accessing a fraction of your creative capacity; how it is easy to get stuck or waylaid; the differences between conventional and creative thinking and how to ignite the create state at will; the tools you need to lighten up and the importance of creative play. (Practices: Mindfree Movement and Create Dates)
- Leaping In: You’ll learn about the seven stages of the creative process and how to take anything you truly want to create by bringing it through those seven stages; the skills of freewriting and freethinking; the Go Creative! Mapping method and the importance of creative work.
- Letting Go: With clarified vision and awareness, you’ll reevaluate your situation here and now. You’ll learn how you previously created what you already have; how to make every moment a creative moment; the skill of inspiration meditation and creative breathing and the importance of creative rest. (Practices: Creative Breathing and Inspiration Meditation)
The Creativist Club
We who choose to go creative are creating a new way of living and together, we are stronger.
In the Creativist Club, you’ll connect with me. And with and other people just like you, all supporting each other in creating amazing things.
Their stories and support will:
- inspire you and show you you’re not alone
- give you real life examples and suggestions to move through block and foster flow
- support you with the wisdom of the group
- motivate you when the going gets rough
Also included in the Go Creative! tools are:
- a weekly Go Creative! podcast
- wisdom from artists and creatives, inventors and innovators, scientists and sages to inspire and motivate you and keep you in flow
- inspirational poetry
- a motivational mail each Sunday, to set you up for a creative week.
- Free tools and techniques, worksheets and playsheets, that ignite, direct and energize.